Below is a summary of the main terms and conditions that apply to your booking.
Tours are operated by the Safari 56,in Dar es salaam -Tanzania ,Kimweri Avenue (whichever you have contacted for travel arrangements), hereafter referred to as ‘the Company’.
Published prices are based on costs at the time of publication. We reserve the right to change published prices at any time before your booking is made. We reserve the right to increase the cost of your holiday if the Government imposes new taxes or increases existing taxes, the currency fluctuates, or fuel charges increase. We will inform you of any increases.
A non-refundable deposit of 30%, but not less than US$300, must be made and a confirmation issued by the Company before any binding contract exists. Once we receive your deposit we will invoice you for the remainder of the tour cost. This must be paid not less than 45 days before the start of the tour (or by an alternative date agreed between you and the Company). If you book less than 45 days before departure, you must pay for the tour in full as soon as you book, unless you make alternative arrangements with the Company. If you do not pay your balance by the agreed time, the Company reserves the right to cancel your booking or pursue any unpaid monies
Payment for the tour is a fundamental part of the tour’s income and contributes to the overall cost of equipment, running costs, staffing, administration, etc. As the Company will have incurred the majority of its costs before the tour starts, we need to impose cancellation charges to cover these costs.
Deposits are non-refundable. If you cancel your booking, we will impose cancellation charges as follows:
- 30 days or more prior to departure – loss of deposit
- 15-29 days before departure – 40% of tour cost*
- 7-14 days before departure – 60% of tour cost*
- 6 or fewer days before departure – 80% of tour cost*
* or deposit if greater.
Tailor-made tours may be subject to alternative cancellation terms, which will be communicated to applicable Clients at the time of booking or during cancellation.
All cancellations must be in writing and be made by the person who submitted the booking form. Please send an email to your contact at the Company, with a copy to email@example.com.
Once the tour has started, no refund for any unused portion or part of the tour or services to be provided will be given. If you want to make any changes to the tour, or depart the tour early, such alteration or departure will be entirely at your own expense and liability. You will also need to communicate in writing to the tour operator your reason for leaving the tour.
Cancellation by the Company
We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us for any reason prior to your payment of the full price of the trip. In this case, we will refund in full any amount that you have already paid us. After you have paid in full, we will only cancel the contract if circumstances beyond our control make it unavoidable. Such circumstances include, but are not limited to, civil or political unrest, terrorism, natural disaster, or other force majeure circumstance. In the unlikely event that such circumstances arise, we will contact you immediately and offer you the choice of equivalent services or a full refund of all monies paid. No additional compensation will be paid over and above the total sum received from you.
No refunds are given for;
- Lost travel time or substitution of advertised facilities/accommodation
- Itineraries amended after departure by client.
- Circumstances arising beyond the company’s control necessitating alternative arrangements to be made to ensure the safety and or further participation of and enjoyment of your program.
- Not appearing for any accommodation, sight seeing, game drive, booked activities, without notifying the company in writing two (2) working days in advance.
- Cutting short the booked itinerary for whatever reason.
- There will be no refunds for unused services.
Alteration of Itineraries
It is unlikely that the Company will have to make changes to your tour. However, we may occasionally have to make changes either before or after you have booked. Most changes will be minor, and the Company will advise you of them as soon as possible. The Company reserves the right to alter the itinerary after departure, without paying compensation, if it is in your interest to do so. Furthermore, the Company will not pay compensation if it is forced to cancel or in any way change the tour due to force majeure, such as war, riots, civil strike, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, or other material external circumstances beyond the Company’s control
Insurance:It must be clearly understood that these are adventure safaris, and there are certain dangers and risks which are inevitable. Whilst every care is taken for the safety and comfort of our clients, the company accepts no liability for all or any of the following:
- Damage or loss of property of any client, howsoever caused.
- Sickness, infection, injury or death of the clients, howsoever caused.
- Change of itinerary due to road and weather conditions.
- Damages, directly or indirectly, arising out of delays in departure or arrival, including delays occasioned by the missing of road, rail, ship or aircraft connections.
- War and other rare calamities which may occur while on the safari.
- All the above and other unexpected situations can arise before or during any type of vacation. Such an event might cause you to cut short your vacation or cause your trip to be cancelled all together. Unfortunately, because of the costs incurred by the tour operator, any cancellation after booking incurs financial penalties, up to and including loss of the entire package price. That’s why we strongly recommend a travel protection plan offered by an insurance company in your country.
Authority on Safari/Tour* The decisions of the Company’s guide/driver on tour shall at all times be final and binding. * The client must at all times comply with the laws, customs and foreign exchange regulations of all countries visited. * Misbehaviour, threatening, violating or rude behaviour of any participant can lead to end of safari. It is our guides/drivers/tour leaders decision to end safari if needed.
- Our company and agents, act only agents in all matters relating to these tours.
- By making any payment, you have understood and agreed to our booking terms and conditions policy.
The client must be in possession of a valid travel document and all visas, permits and certificates, required for the whole journey and the client accepts responsibility for obtaining the same. Any information or advice given by the company on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment, etc. is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of the company.
If a client has a complaint against the company, the client must first inform the tour leader or company representative whilst on tour in order that the tour leader or representative can attempt to rectify the matter. Any further complaint must be put in writing to the company within seven days after the tour ending.