Packing List for your Tanzanian Safari
What to pack for a Tanzanian safari?
Packing for your first African safari can be quite a challenge. What do you need? What kind of clothes you bring? Don’t stress too much on what to pack. Just keep it simple and pack lightly. The luggage you can bring on safari vehicles or smaller planes is limited, and a lot of lodges and camps offer laundry services, so there is no need to bring different clothes for each day of your trip. On most Tanzanian safaris it’s going to be sunny, so pack lightweight clothes and a good sun protection. This is our advice to what you need for a safari in Tanzania.
- -Pack the usual things like soap, toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner etc.
- -After sun lotion
- -Bug spray/ insect repellent with deet
- -Lip balm with SFP
- -Wet wipes: if you have to go to the toilet or clean anything during your safari.
- -Long sleeved shirts and trousers: temperatures can drop at night and it keeps mosquitoes away and protects you from the sun.
- -Rain jacket
- -Fleece jacket/ warm sweater
- -Hat: to protect your face from the sun
- -Nice outfit: for dinners or when you spend time in a city
- -Sarong: very useful for woman to wrap around if you need to go to the toilet in the bush or after a swim.
- -Daypack: small one that you can take with you on daily tripsBest thing is to wear layers of light breathable clothes. Mornings and evenings can be quite cool in Tanzania while during the day it can become pretty hot. Choose neutral colours to keep the bugs away and don’t scare off the wildlife.
- A pair of sneakers or trail runners: hiking shoes are only necessary of you are going to climb a mountain, otherwise choose lighter shoes.
- Flip-flops or sandals: comfortable when you relax at your accommodation, go swimming or take a shower.
- -Passport: valid minimum of 6 months prior to entry.
- -Yellow fever health card: they can ask for it upon arrival at the airport.
- -Visa: you can get it upon arrival at the airport in Tanzania for USD 50.
- -Credit card
- -Cash dollars: note that in Tanzania only US bills newer than 2006 are accepted.
For more information, please contact us.