Pugu and kisarawe are among the oldest forest in the world undisturbed coastal forest. Have a close canopy which a few pioneer species are found. 14 plant species, 2 mammals species and 1 subspecies of birds. The forest hills are a good place for acclimatizing, birds spotting. While hiking provides a good way of enjoying learning and exposure in a few hours about 3-5 hours.
Types of trekking are as follows
- Viewpoint hike to see the city and the Indian Ocean
- The water reservoirs hike, hiking to a natural water reservoir that once
used and still used as one of the sources of water for the kisarwe town
- The cave hike visiting a cave that regarded as a sacred place for wazaramo.
- Local professional guide.
- Drinking water
- Forest entry fees
- Items of personal nature
- Travel and medical insurance